NO- CUT (Unshaven) Hair Transplant
Due to its advantage in keeping the original length of your hair, the No-Cut is a very popular hair transplant technıque among women. It is also a very good choice for men who wish to keep the original length of their hair during and after the hair transplant.
Developed for the women who did not want to shave their heads for the hair transplant operation, who were reluctant to get the operation fearing that the shaving would be too damaging on their appearance; the NO-CUT method is currently on the rise in terms of popularity.
Both FUE and DHI techniques involve shaving on the day of the operation, mostly on the back of the head, for women this will result in a not so pleasing appearance. The NO-CUT/ UNSHAVEN technique makes it possible avoid shaving, making it a better choice; not for the doctor but definitely for the appearance concerned patient.
The no-cut/unshaven technique can be applied with;
- Partial shaving
- Only the back of the head is shaved where the grafts will be harvested, and this area can easily be covered with the long hair after the operation, making the signs of the operation invisible
- No shaving
- For men and women who keep their hair longer than 20 cm, no shaving is involved and the long hair is harvested and then planted.
To summarize the advantages of NO-CUT / UNSHAVEN Hair Transplant;
- There would be no visual cue indicating that the patient received a hair transplant.
- Enables the patient to keep their original hairstyle before and after the operation.
- Prevents the unaesthetic appearance of the harvest/donor zone.
- Speedy adaptation to everyday life
- No need for a long wait for the hair to go back to its original length
However, it should be noted that the NO-cut hair transplant takes longer than the shave required hair transplants, as it is much more intricate and time-consuming to remove the long hair from the root without damaging the follicle or the hair strand, and plant it with the same amount of attention; once again avoiding any breakage or damage to the hair follicle or the hair strand. The total harvesting and planting time of regular FUE is approximately 6-8 hours depending on the aimed number of micro-grafts to be planted; for Unshaven hair transplant the length is 9-11 hours. Taking the time and higher level of precision factors into consideration, the no-cut technique is naturally more expensive than FUE and DHI methods. The patient will have to be extra careful about the post-operation care as well.
Get A Free Consultatıon
If you have any questions about our treatments, please feel free to contact us to find the answers. We will be happy to help you.